Every month we select an athlete that demonstrates exceptional dedication, positivity, and support toward their fellow athletes and community. Our featured “Athlete of the Month” for July 2018 is……Jennifer Solf!
- What’s your athletic background?
I played Handball from the age of 11 till 27 .. then I didn‘t do any real sport (I only paid monthly fee at the gym) for almost 10 years (OMG!) until I discovered Crossfit 2 years ago
- What was your first experience with CrossFit?
I actually didn‘t know what CrossFit is, I just heard that it is great, so I wanted to try.
When I entered the box for the very first time for the intro session I instantly knew this is it.
It was love at first sight.
- When did you start CrossFit?
In April 2016
- Why did you choose CrossFit Schaffhausen?
A friend told me I should go there. So I did.
- What keeps you coming back?
Passion for this sport (you might call it a little addiction as well) & the CrossFit family
- How do you like to spend your free time?
Besides training I like to spend time with my husband, my friends and my family and I am always up for drinks and party.
I like to spend time at/on the lake and in the mountains or to discover the world during holidays.
Now I can’t wait to spend time with my little babyboy.
- What are one or two improvements you have seen in your life since starting CrossFit?
I am fitter and healthier than ever before which gives me more energy in all aspects of my life.
- What are your goals for 2018?
Giving birth to a healthy babyboy
- What would you say to someone thinking about starting CrossFit?
Just do it. It will make you a better version of yourself. Why wait?.
- What’s your favorite & least favorite CrossFit movement?
I love the heavy weightlifting stuff but I also really like nasty metcons
The least favorite is probably the ring dip
- What’s your favorite cheat meal?
Since I am pregnant there are many but a Ben&Jerrys is always a good choice
- Anything else you would like to share with the CrossFit Schaffhausen family?
I love you all 😉