Our Athlete of the Month for July 2018!
Every month we select an athlete that demonstrates exceptional dedication, positivity, and support toward their fellow athletes and community. Our featured “Athlete of the Month” for July 2018 is……Jennifer Solf!
- What’s your athletic background?
I played Handball from the age of 11 till 27 .. then I didn‘t do any real sport (I only paid monthly fee at the gym) for almost 10 years (OMG!) until I discovered Crossfit 2 years ago
- What was your first experience with CrossFit?
I actually didn‘t know what CrossFit is, I just heard that it is great, so I wanted to try.
When I entered the box for the very first time for the intro session I instantly knew this is it.
It was love at first sight.
- When did you start CrossFit?
In April 2016
- Why did you choose CrossFit Schaffhausen?
A friend told me I should go there. So I did.
- What keeps you coming back?
Passion for this sport (you might call it a little addiction as well) & the CrossFit family
- How do you like to spend your free time?
Besides training I like to spend time with my husband, my friends and my family and I am always up for drinks and party.
I like to spend time at/on the lake and in the mountains or to discover the world during holidays.
Now I can’t wait to spend time with my little babyboy.
- What are one or two improvements you have seen in your life since starting CrossFit?
I am fitter and healthier than ever before which gives me more energy in all aspects of my life.
- What are your goals for 2018?
Giving birth to a healthy babyboy
- What would you say to someone thinking about starting CrossFit?
Just do it. It will make you a better version of yourself. Why wait?.
- What’s your favorite & least favorite CrossFit movement?
I love the heavy weightlifting stuff but I also really like nasty metcons
The least favorite is probably the ring dip
- What’s your favorite cheat meal?
Since I am pregnant there are many but a Ben&Jerrys is always a good choice
- Anything else you would like to share with the CrossFit Schaffhausen family?
I love you all 😉